This position is for GC Energy Services for an offshore job starting the first week of September for 21-25 days. Welders will be tested on SMAW, fitters will be required to pass written exam and hands on pipe test. Watersurvival and RigPass is a plus but will train if necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilites:
- Plan pipe system layout, installation, or repair according to specifications.
- Inspect, examine, and test installed systems and pipe lines, using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods
- Select pipe sizes and types and related materials, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to specifications.
- Measure, mark and install pipes for cutting and threading per specifications, using tools such as saws, cutting torches, and pipe thread and benders.
- Assemble and secure pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment, according to specifications, by using welding, brazing, cementing, soldering, and threading joint methods.
- Layout or review full scale drawings of pipe systems, supports, and related equipment, following blueprints. Ability to provide sketches or corrections on drawings as needed.
- Turn valves to shut off steam, water, or other gases or liquids from pipe sections, using valve keys or wrenches.
- Fit and weld pipe in the repair and/or construction of marine vessels and industrial components using gas welding, brazing, arc welding, wire fed welding, or tig welding process and procedures.
- Select and set up welding equipment, execute the planned welds, and examine the welds to ensure that they meet standards or specifications.
- Welds components in a flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
Fitter/Welder Position Basic Requirements:
Combo Fitter Welder-Pipe (PPFW) – Fitter capable of Process/Structural pipe fitting and also qualified for pipe welding. Must meet the requirements of PPW1+PPF2 or PPW2+PPF1
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as a comprehensive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of assigned personnel.
Employee signature below constitutes employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.